BRICK OF HOPE
No child deserves to get wet during rainy season within a Non-profit building structure.Many of our Non-profit organizations building structures are falling apart due to lack of maintenance.
We at JYB Non-profit development centre and the brick of hope programme look at upgrading & repairing buildings and building safety walls, Children’s toilet’s and security gates within non-profits organization.
BOARDS & DOORS
- Solid Doors, Town House Doors, Cape Dutch Doors, Boards, Post form Tops, Melamine. TIMBER & ROOFING
- Corrugated Iron, SA Pine or IBR Zinc DECOR
- Lamps, Cutlery, Cornish, Laminated Flooring Taps, Showers, ELECTRICAL
- Plugs, Stove Isolators, Switch, PVC Box, Glad Steel, Fittings. FENCING
- Diamond Mesh, Galvanised Wire, Diamond Mesh Security Gate HARDWARE
- Bricks, Cement, river sand and other Building supplies PAINT
- Melody PVA, Alcolin Silicon, Dulux, Promac, Gloss Enamel, Weather guard, Brushes. JOJO Tanks
- PVC Bends, Gulley Head, Offset Square , Downpipe, Copper Tubing, Square
- Gutters .jojo tank TILES
- Listello's,Stone Cladding, Glazed Ceramic, Rustic Porcelain Tiles, Polish, Porcelain
ECD Safety card
A child goes missing every five hours in South Africa, according to figures released by the South African Police Service Missing Persons Bureau for 2013. This adds up to a total of 1697 children. Fortunately, according to Missing Children South Africa’s statistics, 77% of children are found. Sadly, this still leaves us with at least 23% of the children not being located. The ECD Safety card system is designed to help ECD Teacher protect children from being taken from centres by unknown individual’s .by provided children with their own personal ECD safety cards. The card is issued to all children within ECD centres parents with JYB Non-profit development centre . We need the below donations to help create ECD Child security cards system that will help protect children.
Kindly ask if you or your organization could kindly donate any of the following:
- X2 Smart card printer
- Blank smart cards
- X2 Laptops
- 1 photocopy machine
- X2 A3 Laminator
- Basic stationary
- X1 Laptop We also need help fundraising R31 250 towards the sustainability of the programme.
JYB SKILLS DEVELOPMENT AND JOB CREATION PROGRAMME
JYB in partnership with local Non-profit early childhood development centres in Lawley South of Johannesburg, are running an ECD Skills development and placement programme, that looks to give unemployed young people within the communities the idea on what goes on within a Non-profit development centre and what skills and qualifications are required to become a well-qualified ECD worker.
Our mission is to create a data base of all volunteers within ECD Centres within Lawley South of Johannesburg;
- To get level 4 training for the ECD workers
- To keep track of volunteers movements within centres as part of our anti child abuse policy. As many leave one centre and join anther
- To provide food hygiene workshops
- We also provide Computer training workshops every Saturday to the ECD teachers within our centre, so they can be able to assist older Non-profit directors with administrative work within their centres, once a computer is donated to them through our one computer one job campaign.
Should you or your company have any of the following used items?
- Copy Machines or desk top printers
- Canon desktop printer
Please kindly consider donating towards this programme. One Click can empower a life
How to get involved
Become a Volunteer
Become a day care guardian - By making a once off or monthly food parcel donation towards a Non-profit early childhood development centre
Host a Fundraising Event - Many events are hosted annually to raise funds for special worthy causes. Make us the beneficiaries of your next event and help improve Non-profit early childhood development centres
Become an Activist - Be activists and inspire others with your actions! This is open for individuals, groups of friends or corporate teams.
Become a Social Media Ambassador - This is the easiest way to support JYB Non-profit. Dedicate a few minutes to spread the word about us on social media –just follow us and share with your friends!
Become our partner - We partner with individuals and businesses in many ways to deliver innovative solutions for the needs of the most vulnerable children within informal settlements. Talk to us to see where you or your organisation can make a difference.
ADOPT AN ECD CENTRE - Adopt an early childhood development centre by making a monthly food supply donation listed or by donating R250 towards feeding a child within a non-profit development centre